Memory Lanes

Pictures of everyday life, travels or locations. Now living in one of the most beautiful regions of France, part of it is the Gard department, I will post shots of this place where time seems to have stopped. For each photo, a caption in English will be posted too. Just double-click on an image to get a bigger shot. Many thanks to my friend Scott for giving me such an intense yet fleeting insight into precious moments of life captured on a still image.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hofbraühaus, München.

And just a few days before the opening of the Munich Oktoberfest I have to confess I wouldn't like to be there. The atmosphere is savage enough in quiet times and I can imagine the whole place being taken over by Lager louts.
This is the entrance to the famous Hofbraühaus. The first time I went there, some 15 years ago, I didn't have a clue where I was and I only filled up my correspondence. Now every time I go back -so many hours spent on the spot in fact- I can't help thinking that this is the place where Adolf Hitler made his first speeches, in some small back room.
Luckily the place now has a more cheerful atmosphere with thousands of people packed in, ready to have a chat whatever the language, whatever the time and whatever the state they're in..

Top100Bloggers.com